BUSINESS PARTNER COMMITTEE
Recognizing that our Business Partners play a vital role in allowing GMGMA to provide informative and educational seminars to our members, the Business Partner Committee serves as a liaison between the Business Partners and the GMGMA Board.
Business Partner Committee Chair
Goals of the Education Committee:
Recruit quality, nationally recognized speakers in order to:
Benefit existing members - quality time
Increase meeting attendance by existing members
Increase meeting attendance by non-members and new
Promote headline speakers for the next meeting
Kathy R. Layne, CMPM
David Nye, MHA FACMPE
THIRD PARTY PAYER COMMITTEE
This committee's objective is to study developing trends between members' practices and third party payers by building a communication network of GMGMA managers to identify payment activities of all third party payers, and provide this information to GMGMA, MGMA, The Medical Association of Georgia and the Insurance Commissioner's Office.
- They will work closely with the MAG Third Party Payer Committee.
- They will identify, by written input from the GMGMA members, any issues related to: Medicaid, Medicare, and any commercial insurance carriers.
- They will communicate issues to GMGMA members, MAG and Payers, follow-up on the results of communications with the Payers and present a report to the annual GMGMA conference.
- THIS COMMITTEE WILL AT NO TIMES DISCUSS PAYER REIMBURSEMENT RATES
Third Party Payer Committee Chair
Richard Andy Guth, MBA
Committee Member - Active Member
Committee Member - Business Partner
Committee Member - Active Member
The Membership Committee shall be responsible for all aspects of maintaining and increasing membership in the Association. The committee will devise, implement and oversee a program that will add, maintain and mentor members.
- Welcome new members with a call to answer any questions as well as invite them to all upcoming events.
- Identify a group of established members and past leaders to help mentor new members into GMGMA.
- Prepare, implement and coordinate new membership drive.
- Attend GMGMA meetings to check pulse of organization.
- Assign established members or committee members to call members who have not renewed their membership.
- Interact with local GMGMA chapters and discuss the possibility of a collaborative membership project.
- Receive, process and maintain applications and renewals in a database. (Assign to Executive Coordinator)
- Broadcast membership information such as renewals and membership drives.
- Complete all other requested tasks or projects assigned by GMGMA President.
Membership Committee Chair
This committee is responsible for:
- Securing annual meeting sites at a minimum of three (3)
years in advance, to include adequate number of sleeping rooms for anticipated
number of participants, securing food and entertainment as required by program,
adequate space for exhibit hall, lowest room rate negotiable, complimentary
meeting space, complimentary exhibitor space, complimentary rooms for
President, Conference Coordinator and Executive Coordinator at time of meeting,
complimentary rooms based on the number of rooms paid (to be used for Speakers
or dispersed to Officers in order of rank.) Annual conference will generally be
held in April at a resort location.
Sites, social functions, luncheons, etc., to be made in
coordination with the Vice President
Work with the Education Committee and hotel to obtain
appropriate audio-visual needs of speakers
- Hotel reservations for all Board Members at annual
conference and other meetings as needed.
- This committee will coordinate with convention services the
dates and location of meetings as soon as planned, to coordinate exhibit hall
plan, sleeping rooms and arrival times.
Conference & Meetings Coordinator
David Nye, MHA, FACMPE
Conference Committee Member
The Immediate Past-President will be responsible for the nominating committee. The committee will consist of the Immediate Past President, President, and Vice-President.
- The nominating committee will discuss and introduce a proposed slate of officers for board members to approve.
- The Immediate Past President will be responsible for contacting proposed new board members and committee chairpersons for commitment to the Georgia Medical Group Management Association ("GMGMA") board.
- Immediate Past President will provide each new board member and committee chairperson with job description approved by the board.
Committee Chair (Immediate Past-President)
Kathie Joseph, CMPE
Committee Member - President
Committee Member - Vice President
Secretary - Liaison to the Nominating Committee